Information Privacy Statement
Welcome to ArriveAliveDE.com. We are committed to maintaining the privacy and security of personal information submitted by all visitors to this site.
Is information collected when I visit ArriveAliveDE.com?
The personal data we collect from you includes:
- questions or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact Delaware.gov
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques, including
- The Internet Protocol (IP) Address and domain name used from which you accessed our Portal. The IP Address is a numerical identifier assigned either to your Internet service provider or directly to your computer;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
- The date and time you visited our site;
- The web pages or services you accessed at this site;
- The web site you visited prior to coming to this web site;
- The web site you visit as you leave this web site; and
- If you downloaded a form, the form that was downloaded.
- if you submit information to us via a contact webform, the data you enter will be sent to the state agency responsible for the topic or area you are inquiring about.
Collecting this information helps us improve the user experience, content, and design of ArriveAliveDE.com. This information is used solely to help us make this site more useful to visitors, to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the kinds of technology they use.
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use ArriveAliveDE.com. We do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements, for example improving site search.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit on ArriveAliveDE.com
- how long you spend on each ArriveAliveDE.com page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
- we do not collect or store your personal information (for example your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are.
We also collect data in order to:
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- gather feedback to improve our services
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- provide you with information about local services if you want it
Social media login data: We may provide you with the option to share information on our website by using your existing social media account details, like your Facebook, Twitter, or other social media account. If you choose to do so in this way, we will collect the information described in the section called “How do we handle your social logins?” below.
How do we handle your social logins?
Information collected when you use our Facebook application(s). We by default access your Facebook basic account information, including your name, email, gender, birthday, current city, and profile picture URL, as well as other information that you choose to make public. For more information regarding Facebook permissions, refer to the Facebook Permissions Reference page.
ArriveAliveDE.com offers you the ability to share information from our website by logging in using your social media account details (like your Facebook or Twitter logins). Where you choose to do this, we will receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider. The profile information we receive may vary depending on the social media provider concerned, but will often include your name, email address, friends list, and profile picture, as well as other information you choose to make public on such a social media platform. If you log in using Facebook, we may also request access to other permissions related to your account, such as your friends, check-ins, and likes, and you may choose to grant or deny us access to each individual permission.
We will use the information we receive only for the purposes that are described in this privacy notice. Please note that we do not control, and are not responsible for, other uses of your personal information by your third-party social media provider. We recommend that you review their privacy notice to understand how they collect, use, and share your personal information, and how you can set your privacy preferences on their sites and apps.
What if I send you an email?
You may choose to provide us with personal information, as an e-mail with a comment or question. This information is used to improve our service to you or to respond to your request. Sometimes we share your e-mail with other State agencies and employees who may be better able to help you, and these staffs may be employed by a different agency within the State. By law, we cannot share this information with individuals (including state employees) that do not require it as a normal part of their official duties. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, or as required by law, we do not distribute, share, sell, or lease e-mail to any other entities without your consent.
We use your e-mail: to address issues you identify, to further improve our website, or to forward the e-mail to another agency for appropriate action. Once the issue or concern is resolved, this information will not be retained unless required by state law or agency regulation.
Does ArriveAliveDE.com require me to accept cookies?
What is a Cookie?
There are two general types of cookies that web sites make use of:
- Session cookies — these are cookies created by a web site that exist only as long as your visit to that web site. They are not stored permanently on your computer.
- Persistent cookies — these cookies are stored on your computer by a web site for some period of time and are used when you return to that site in the future.
A cookie provides a way for a web site to keep track of a user’s internet browsing patterns and preferences. Cookies contain a range of web site addresses for which they are valid. When a user’s web browser encounters those addresses again, it sends those specific cookies to the Web server. For example, if a user’s specific preferences were stored as a cookie, it would save that person from typing in the same information all over again when accessing that service for the second and subsequent times.
What options do I have with respect to cookies?
You can have your browser disable cookies or prompt you before accepting a cookie. Look for the cookie options in your browser under the “Options” or “Preferences” menu.
Terms of Service
Will my information be disclosed to third parties?
ArriveAliveDe.com will not distribute, share, sell, or lease your information to third parties for direct marketing or e-mail marketing purposes. The information collected at this site will remain confidential to the extent permitted by state or federal law. State law may, however, require disclosure upon request of certain information collected at this site should it be deemed “public information” under the Delaware Freedom of Information Act. To learn more about requirements for requests, and information that may be disclosed in response to a request, consult the Delaware Freedom of Information Act, Title 29, Chapter 100 of the Delaware Code.
Third-party services and privacy
To deliver dynamic services and enhanced functionality to site visitors, the Delaware Office of Highway Safety uses third-party add-ins on some of its Web pages. When third-party add-ins are used or embedded the third-party’s Terms of Service apply. For your convenience, links to each service’s Terms of Service page are provided below.http://www.addthis.com/tos
If you have questions or concerns, please e-mail us at email@example.com.